Friday, April 23, 2010

What the hell is happening?

Unbelievable. It's weird. I never have this kind of tongue tiedness.

Flabbergasted. I watched over two and a half hours of the NFL draft and see only one QB come off of the board. And then I see a SUPPOSED DRAFT GURU, who coaches a RUN FIRST TEAM, that just traded for ANOTHER starting QB, trade UP INTO THE FIRST ROUND for the 3rd best player available at his position.

Hmmm. Oh, I see. Playing Al Davis twice last year must have rubbed off on Josh McDaniels.

And on the front page of NFL.com is not a picture of Bradford or Suh, but a picture and story of the miraculous voyage of the man whose name I refuse to give.

Really? Yeah, really!

I'm looking for reasons here. And no one on NFL.com or ESPN.com can give a rational one. He is Pat White. Sure he has determination, work ethic, and leadership. But we have proven that you don't NEED that in the NFL (ie Rothelisberger, VYoung). And he also has a HUGE gaping hole in his motion, something that everyone agrees will come back through muscle memory. Ask yourself how well have UF QB's done in the past (Grossman, Palmer)? And when are we going to stop trying to draft run first QB's for pro style offenses (ASmith, PWhite) It hasn't worked before and it won't work now. We can just pray (and yes we know he will) that the Denver community will be a better place and that the 50,000 community service hours that he puts in are worth the millions of dollars that taxpayers are about to waste on his eye black messages, inpirational (blah blah blah) speeches, and crying when the Broncos miss the playoffs yet again.

Who's crying now? Probably me, because this ridiculous move lost me $100. And there are STILL two better QB's on the board. If you want him so bad, trade up in the 2nd round and I promise, he would still be there.

But as Mel Kiper put it last night, you can't be this fantastic jesus christ meets captain america leader (i paraphrased that) that everyone talks about if you are not on the field. Well congratulations, Mr. McDaniels, but you just wasted a first round pick, in a league where they are treated as gold, for a guy who will do nothing but lead the team prayer before games.

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely do not agree with this post, but do like the PASSION!! Except for that trite toss off to the "taxpayers"...what a hackneyed argument against a draft choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah...I also liked the "jesus christ meets captain america" line. It made me wonder:

    Who would win in a fight, Jesus or Captain America?

    Answer: Captain America, 'cause he's a real guy...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOOM!...where'd that truck come from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is my thoughts on this...A first round pick gets a bunch of guaranteed money, correct?

    Who has every paid $5 million for the team chaplain???

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a coworker willing to bet $50 that he will get starting reps this year in at least one game. Should I take that? He already took $100 from me here in an unproable McDaniels move. Could he screw me twice?

    ReplyDelete