Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Morning QB

Here's what I noticed over the course of the best college football day I can remember:


Denard Robinson is good at football. More on that later.

Marcus Lattimore is also good at football. He gouged the Georgia D all day for a total of 182 yards and 2 TD's, making everyone - lineman, too - look like rag dolls in the process. I hope for his sake, and the comforting transitive-ness that exists in cfb - that the Gamecocks do not hit a late year slide into mediocrity. They'll need to especially be on the lookout for that now that Florida's awake.

Seriously, though, fuck whoever plays QB. I f I was Spurrier, I'd give it to Lattimore 40 times a game.

Iowa looked better than I thought they would - Wisconsin looks worse.

Georgia Tech lost to Kansas, who lost to an FCS team last week. It was a long day for the ACC, but it was nice of them to go ahead and collapse so early, before we put any real stock in them as a conference.

Speaking of, what happened in Norman? I feel MUCH better about my Sooners in the title game pick now, but damn that was ugly. I guess that's it for Ponder's Heisman campaign, huh?

And, speaking of Heisman campaigns, Denard Robinson is the TRUTH. Over 500 yards of offense, no turnovers, and an awesome last-minute game-winning drive...the braids and cool nickname are just icing, man. His individual day was so monster it overshadowed Ohio State's rolling of Miami. The Buckeyes' victory came off a very good day by Terrelle Pryor and a mistake-filled frenzy of play by JaCory Harris. State's my other team for the title game, so they did good by me, but Harris's play leads to me believe he's overrated and the U is further away from a return to glory than we thought.

BTW, Robinson did it all in the ankle-high grass.

James Madison? I guess so. Like I said after the Boise-VA Tech game, from here on out, any evaluation of the Broncos will have to be a transitive one, and those are sketchy at best. All we know is they beat VA Tech. Then they took the week off while the Hokies got embarrassed by an FCS team. So, to be on the safe side, they'll be kept out of the top spot. Ah, I love college football.

Alabama doesn't even need Mark Ingram back. They did more than fine tonight with just Richardson...and that D doesn't seem too rebuilt. Oregon? Apparently, yes. A little lightning delay and they're running like the wind in there own time zone. The Ducks are the new point-a-minute gang: 120 points in 120 minutes so far.

2 comments:

  1. Alabama just doesn't give your offense a chance to get into any sync. They just smother you and dictate the game. Then on offense they can pound you all game long or spread you out and hit some nice crossing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might be my favorite 'Sunday Morning' post of yours. Good job. I learned stuff!

    ReplyDelete