Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesday Top-25

I technically went a respectable 7-3 in my picks last week - at least when you just look at wins and losses. But, I had some blowouts picked close and vice-versa. And, one of those three misses was way off(Hello, ECU). But, none of that will stop me from keepin' on with my faux-punditry on all things college football. So, tonight I will post my new top-25 for the week, along with some other things, football and otherwise.

1. USC
2. Oklahoma
3. Georgia
4. Florida
5. Ohio State
6. LSU
7. Auburn
8. Texas
9. Oregon
10. Penn State
11. Wisconsin
12. Missouri
13. Alabama
14. Arizona State
15. Wake Forest
16. Utah
17. South Florida
18. Cal
19. East Carolina
20. BYU
21. Texas Tech
22. Fresno St.
23. Clemson
24. Kansas
25. Vanderbilt

Number 25's just kinda for fun. I really couldn't decide between the 'Dores, SoCar, WVU, OK St., Boise St., or Rice. That whole back 5 could come off, honestly.

Somebody said Vandy would win 8 games. I say let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. They'll scrap their way to 6-6. And, South Carolina will recover. Georgia better watch out for a pissed-off, OBC with 2 QB's and a nasty D.

Lay-off of Urban Meyer. He kicked a FG with 25 seconds left. Big fucking deal. It's not like he sent his entire team out to dance in the end zone...oh, wait...shit...

In an unrelated note, I keep waiting for John McCain to tell the country that his veep pick is just a big fucking joke. We should all be ashamed of ourselves if he wins now. I used to like John McCain and respect him. I voted for him in 2000. But, this trophy-vice (thanks, Maureen Dowd) pick is embarrassing. Not because she's a woman, but because she's a borderline fascist hypocrite. She's a possible secessionist who didn't even understand everything the VP did. Do I understand it all? No. But, I'm not fucking running for the office! I could go on, but just read JINX's blog - he's better at political rants than I am.

On with football:

Teams that have to lose soon:

East Carolina - I mean, come on. What the fuck? Remember when I had them picked in my top-10 way back in July? No. Oh, you must not have been reading the blog back then...

Arizona - Stoops will run the score up on anything that stands still long enough, but the luck's going to run out and I hope USC drops a hundred on them. Nothing against the 'Cats, just Stoops.

Vandy - self-explanatory. next.

Arkansas - ...and it will be nice. I want to taste the tears on Petrino's face when it happens. What a douche. But, he's got a bunch of freshmen in the 2-deep. In the next year or two, the Hogs will be good.

BYU, TCU, Utah, Rice, etc. - All the non-BCS conferences should band together into a Highlander league, because 'there can only be one' BCS-crasher. There's a single slot reserved for the small fries. If two finish undefeated and ranked in the top-12, one of 'em's going to the Las Vegas or Emerald bowl. No way any of them will provide enough enticement in the at-large pool to edge out a big boy. That said, I think all of them but Utah will lose. Most sooner rather than later.


Stay tuned for the Thursday night predictions!

2 comments:

  1. I think you're dead-on with Vandy. Anybody who's saying they're really great OBVIOUSLY didn't watch the first half of the SoCa game, because they looked absolutely atrocious, especially on offense. I am terrified of the havoc Jasper Brinkley will wreak on our backfield if we don't find a way to stop him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby Petrino is Nick Saban with less talent and more gin blossoms.

    ReplyDelete