Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Let's Look At The NFL

I definitely enjoy college football more than I enjoy the NFL. There just does not seem to be a much passion or drama in the pros. However, I do spend my Sundays watching the pros, and my weekdays watching ESPN and working my pro picks over. It's with this in mind that I give you my top-10 best teams in the NFL next season. Now, this is my opinion, and there are some disparities with the experts' polls, but I have as much right to throw my two cents out on the ol' interweb, too. There are some afterthoughts as well; enjoy.


1. New England Patriots
I'm not picking against them, now. What they need to do is lose early so they don't lay an egg when they eventually make it to the Super Bowl. I'd rather be 17-1 with the ring than 17-1 with the agony of losing to Eli Manning.


2. Indianapolis Colts
There's not as much talent around Peyton as there is around other star QB's, but I don't think Peyton needs it.


3. Dallas Cowboys
I was hard pressed not to go ahead and put them number 2. They'll be better than last year I think, and they'll need it to win the toughest division in the NFL.


4. San Diego Chargers
I hope they do not make me look foolish by believing in them to rebound from last year. C'mon LT, stay healthy and rack up record numbers.

5. New York Giants
I didn't feel they were a fluke last year, but I'm not jumping them ahead of the Cowboys for this preseason, either.

6. Jacksonville Jaguars
They will be a very good, very dangerous team in 2008. But good luck winning in Indy, and that'll be the deciding contest for the division.

7. Pittsburgh Steelers
I'm done counting the Steelers out. They might have a kick-ass bear of a schedule, but they're always tough and they should win their division. And once they get to the playoffs, all bets are off.

8. Seattle Seahawks
They'll win the division easy, but will have to stay relatively injury free to dominate beyond that. If they do stay healthy, though, look out.

9. Philadelphia Eagles
Please Donovan, stay healthy and play smart. If you do, Philly could revisit the glory of several seasons ago. Even without (and against, thanks to Asante Samuel) T.O.

10. New Orleans Saints
Disappointing a year ago, but they should bounce back. They're the team to beat in the soft NFC South, I like Drew Brees and the D's revamped.

Who would I rank last? That's easy:

32. Atlanta Falcons
This is my team, but my god, there are so many things wrong here. I don't even know where to start. Maybe they should try and get Brett Favre back.

Toughest Division? NFC East, followed by the AFC South

Softest? NFC South

Don't believe the hype - Cleveland Browns
A lot of people are saying they'll be a surprise, but look at the schedule. It's too tough, and they won't beat the Steelers for the division.

Who's a real surprise? - On a limb, I'll say the 49'ers. They were supposed to do it last year and failed. Maybe this is the season they'll improve. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment