Thursday, July 24, 2008

NCAA Football 09


I'm addicted to EA Sports College Football game. I've been playing some version of it since it was Bill Walsh's Football back in the early 90's. I buy the new addition every year as soon as it's available and dedicate a great deal of my free time to it. At least, I used to. I'm finding the last couple of years, my passion and playtime have dropped off. Maybe it's the loss of Create-A-School, a feature I loved and spent a lot of time with. Maybe I'm getting older. Whatever it is, I hope it doesn't eventually lead to me passing up the game, or giving up video games altogether.


Oh well. What I'm here to say is that, at least for this year, I'm back in the game and I will be tracking my Dynasty right here on my blog on the right hand side-bar. I have two dynasties going right now: The first is a straight-forward Georgia Dynasty that I had to start so I could see Knowshon and Matty-cakes in action (and obliterate Georgia Southern). The second dynasty will be the main one I play and update. It will feature a coach, Ace Journeyman (clever, huh?), and his journey to become one of the greatest coaches of all time. Ace's first job is at struggling Idaho. Does he have what it takes to turn the Vandals around? Will he one day move on to a bigger program, win national titles and become a legend? Or, will he fail to rebuild a poor program, and fade away into anonymity? We'll see...

6 comments:

  1. video games are for kids and adults who don't want to grow up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you have 3 systems in your house right now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the updates....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where, then, does Avril Lavigne play into that analogy, Klydelanta? Is she for adults who wished kids wouldn't grow up? (insert pedophilia joke)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sick burn! It's much sadder for a 30-year old, married man to still love Avil Lavigne than its for a young 26-year old guy to play some video games during his long vacation from work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i thought a "(sarcasm)" at the end of my last post wasn't necessary, but i guess small town folks have a hard time grasping such things. Maybe I've been giving Dublin, GA too much credit all these years. And learn some new burns, that one is about 6 years old, you fucking wanna-be hipster.

    ReplyDelete