Tuesday, March 24, 2009

From the Dugout

I just listened to the #1 Diamond Dogs flop against Wright State, 8-5. I wish we could have won this game, but I'm not that upset by the loss. The game I really want to win is tomorrow night's showdown with #3 Georgia Tech in ATL. We need to clean up the base running and overall road woes if we want to win, but I think we can do it. Now, I now we'll never ever take all 3 from Tech, but winning this first one would be extra nice, since it would give us some pep going into the away stand in Knoxville this weekend. That, and we'd have to wait 3 weeks for another shot at the Jackets. If there was a game I had to pick to lose, tonight's tangle with the upstart Raiders would have been it. I think sweeping Miss State here over the weekend was crucial to conference play and who ever wants to lose to Tech?

Suck it, Teixeira.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update: At least Georgia Tech laid a turd last night as well, losing to mighty Georgia State, 10-1.

1 comment:

  1. And no game tonight due to rain, so we'll have to keep biting our fingers.

    ReplyDelete