Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Blame it...WTF?

WATCH THIS VIDEO:

Blame It - Jamie Foxx (Ft. T-Pain)

The song sucks, but the video is great. I can't really follow the narrative as far as what this group of people is doing hanging out together or why they don't ever really talk to the stars (used VERY loosely, here). There are opening credits, which indicate that a short film should follow, but we then we just get typical rap video stock spliced with some kooky shit. H/T to EDSBS, who also included some great observations on Howard, Gyllenhaal, and Forrest Whitaker. But, my real question is: WTF is the deal with the panda costume?!?! Does the absolute hilarity of the casting distract the average viewer from this monstrosity? Or the fact that 3 Oscar Winners are in a video for a shitty rap song? Honestly, what does this video say about our society? Probably nothing.

By the way, what the hell ever happened to just fucking singing a song? Enuff with this auto-tune, vocorder shit. But, I guess we can give T-Pain a pass, cuz he's on a boat.

---------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: this song played so many goddamn times while I was writing this post, it's now stuck in my head and has drilled into my cortex, convincing me that maybe it's not so bad after all...

No comments:

Post a Comment