Sunday, May 17, 2009

Episode III: The Final Frontier.com


Saturday (Wedding Day):



We start the last leg of the journey like most of the other days with getting ready and whatnot. I also got to take Dakota in the golf cart over to Xtina's parent's place to stay for the day, that was a pretty funny sight (100 lb. white dog riding shotgun). So we decide to head down to the beach for one more day of hanging out with all the friends and family that could make their way out of Hangoverville to be there. We were also joined by the last round of folks to get there in a couple of Xtina's high school friends and Tim and Mallory. As I am carefully pouring my first drink of the day on the beach I am ambushed by a walking beach security guard. And since I looked like a hooligan recklessly drinking, he decided to act like he was going to give me a $500 fine. "Do you know the Florida beach ordinance about glass on the beach son?", well I certainly don't officer was my response. As he started to speak to me the girls just flipped out though, which I am pretty sure helped my case. And I know he didn't want a beatdown from Mama Vaughan who gave him an earful. After the brush with the law we enjoyed our day. Football, volleyball, joaj34 not being able to stand up after I got him into a standing position, you know, the usual. Anywho, some people did not maekit. Joaj34 gave it a valiant effort but had to succumb to rest. We took it easy for the most part and just tried to relax before all of our months of planning were put into motion. We left the beach a little earlier than normal and go back to the place to start getting ready for all of the pre-wedding festivities. Xtina took a shower and headed out to get her hair and make-up did while I cleaned up around the place since the cleaning lady, "Lupita" had not come back after her first encounter with the dog and not being informed that there would be a dog in our condo. She acted cool to begin with but we never saw her again, I don't blame her though. So I get ready and get some of the reception decor ready and take a few things over to the reception site to drop them off beforehand. Once I leave there I headed over to Todd's to p/up LTDX and the First Lady along with Joaj34. I was in the golf cart and have been known to get a little crazy behind the wheel and almost drenched LTDX with his own beverage. However, we made it unscathed and I dropped the First Lady off at the girl's pad. Let us not forget that I probably called Xtina about ten times just because I seemed to be clueless about certain wedding things because she did so much of the planning, etc. and she did a fantastic job as everyone would soon find out. So, we had a kit to dress up the golf cart as our "getaway vehicle" which we thought was appropriate for the beach. Amazingly, these paper bells and tassel-like things stayed on in the wind. Impressive. This is when one of our photographers came over and started taking some photos of the guys and I getting ready before I meet up with Xtina. The photographers are of the photo journalistic variety so they became known as the "paparazzi" for the day. The fellas and I just hung out for a bit, played some strange card games, had a few drinks, and watched some tv. Then it was time for me to go and meet up with Xtina. And actually, I was sneaking up on her for some candid photos. Our photographers were really, really great. They took some beautiful and inventive shots. Now it is time to head to the beach and have the main event. The reception site doubled as the entrance for the wedding as well so that worked out great for us. Everything was ready to go. Everyone was seated, all parties in place, everyone was there...except for the minister. She turned out to be about 45 minutes late. Really?! Come on lady, you are from right down the road! Anyways, right before our planner informed us that she was a notary and that we could "Wing it", our minister got there and it was go time. The parents went down, then I came down, then the flower girl. After the minister asked me a couple of questions about the ceremony (really?), it was time for the grand entrance. My beautiful bride, Xtina was walked down by her
Dad and we were finally here. On the beach at sunset in front of our most beloved family and friends. We had fly overs from planes (at just the right times), the paparazzi, and I tried my best to block the sun from her eyes. The ceremony went quickly as Xtina and I said, "I do" and kissed and were announced as "Huntina". Afterwards, everyone went down to the water to throw a stone and live it for us. We headed up the stairs to go take the rest of our pics before we came into the reception a little later. This drunk idiot wouldn't get out of Xtina's way up the stairs and I got to see him one more time later in the night, which I enjoyed. Alright, so we take all of our family pics and our sunset pics and out beach pics and we head in. Xtina's dressed has picked up about 20 lbs. of sand so we try to shake it out. Then there is the bustling of the dress, what an easy task that turned out to be. Anyways, on to the party! We get announced and head into the first dance. Xtina didn't remember our song being so long but it was fun, there is only so long you can do the prom shuffle before you start to laugh. The food was fantastic, I especially enjoyed the bbq. And for God's sake, did you see Optimus Prime? My groom's cake was of the Autobot leaders head and chest and it was truly amazing! Also, the wedding cake itself was great all the way around. We had the mother/son and father/daughter dances which were very nice and emotional. We also had the Dad toasts and they stayed true to form. Xtina's dad: Sweet and emotional. My dad: Starts sweet ends smart ass. So now it is just on to the mingling, music, friends, drinking, dancing, etc. I had the good timing of coming down to the bar and seeing the guy who almost ran into Xtina on the way up the stairs asking for a drink. Well, I got him thrown out in a hurry and LTDX let him know that he was "not livin' it", no he wasn't sir. The rest of the night was just pure greatness. A few folks had to keep it semi-straight (you know who you are!) but everyone else was getting loose, having fun, and then the dancing began. Santiago started freaking everything he could see. The girls thought they knew the words to "Your Love". I even dropped it like it was hot. Kathleen told me that I danced like Cliff Huxtable but that it was "cool". Hey, whatever I was having too much fun with everyone to care. Sanzone-Jones dropped a little hemoglobin on Todd's shirt and the First Lady of LTD was drinking G2(Coors Light) whenever she needed to rehydrate. Joanna walked it out while Xtina's dad passed on that because he is "old". Nate got a little creepy. Xtina's boobs were made of metal so the ladies punched them. The girls were getting crunk. Santi slapped LTDX's ass and he came back for more. Everyone was on the floor. "Thriller" came on and GA led the choreography. Jason walked through like a dead zombie and stole the scene. The music kept on cranking through and the shots were flowing. "Don't stop Believin'" got the crowd hyped. Then IT happened. Slash kicked in with those chords we know and love and everybody and their mother sang "Sweet Child O' Mine" until the very end. I played air guitar with Tyler. Joaj34 looked at me with glee from Christmas morn' when the song hit. We were livin' it like no one has lived it before and dare I say will never live it again. We ended the night with "Melt with you", because I am an 80's fiend and Xtina loves the song too. It was truly amazing and well worth everything that was put into it. I thought we would join everyone at the wharf for the after party but Xtina and I did when we went to change and even woke up on the "wrong" sides of the bed. We awoke to a hangover that was appropriate to the night that was.

Sunday:

So we go to a cafe in the resort for Mother's Day breakfast with Xtina's parents and splurge like crazy since the strict self-imposed lifestyle change on New Year's. It was a great meal and then we headed to the beach for a final day with the girls and Marlin and Jason. Giachetti and Vanessa to join later. Everyone else went home today. So sad, I really want to get everyone together like this for a vaca once a year. Nothing could beat that! The water wasn't all that rough and we didn't have enough for games. We just chilled, read, drank, etc. Later we hit up the Crab Trap for dinner and went back to the girls for Trivial Pursuit and Catchphrase. ML Professional Willie Jones was a worker. Gia joined in and we had a fun couple of hours of games. We turned it in at midnight to rest up for the return home.

Monday:

We leaned up, loaded up, checked out, and became very sad. We made it home by rush hour and we were back to the real world. Man that really sucks.

In closing I just want to say how awesome the whole experience was and how great each and everyone made the stay for us all. Xtina and I love you all very much and cannot thank you enough for taking the time to be with us for our most special day/days. We lived it, flipped and bundled it, as well as so much maeking it. You all are the best friends that we could ask for and will always be there for you as we know you will be there for us. I also want to give a special thanks to my wife for all of her help, love, and support.

We love you all!!

3 comments: