Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Wedding trip recap.com/middle shelf explode part 2








Thurs night:




Ok so we leave the beach on thursday and go home to clean up for the night. Since the fam got in town we have dinner with them at Hammerheads which seemed to work out better for us than some of the others who got some bad alaskan king crab that tasted like ammonia. After dinner we drop off the fam and head to Todd "Proffesional" Blackstone's for some beer pong that had already gotten started with a classy clear cover on the dining room table. The teams were well put together and the competition was fierce. Sanzone-Jones needed to get James to focus after myself and Santiago knocked out 6 of their cups in our first four throws. There wasn't a real champion but plenty of fun. Then the Athens crew showed up chock full o' joaj34, jinx and his lady and stealler and his lady had already arrived. We were at full power minus Roger & Penelope Shuttlesworth (a.k.a-Tim & Mallory). The crew at Todd's had already grilled out that night and "The girls" were staying at our place for that night so Xtina and I took the golf cart back to the place and got everyone settled in. Now we head back to the wharf to meet up with eveyone, this took a long time. I was accused of reckless golf cart driving by a man I later became to know that night as "Mitch the bitch". So we head to Rum Runners where Xtina promptly gets hit on by a 50 yr. old who let me know she was a good girl not to swoon after him....jackass. Anyways, it was already late so last call happened pretty quickly and they threw us out of there like we had told a bunch of abortion jokes or something. So Mitch is the head of security and he wants to go home. Todd & LTDX really want to find out his major malfunction is so they ask him about a few things to which he responds, "This is Mitch Runners now and you are in Mitchville and I want to go to sleep." I hope he gets ran over by a golf cart someday.




Friday:




I wake early as usual but not the first up as Kim is already out for her morning yog. Marlin and I head to Panera to pick up some bagels for all of the ladies & Jason, who I will now refer to as "Jason-of-all-trades", he just seems to be pretty good at everything we did. Anyways, Marlin & I got quite the surprise as we go into Panera. We were greeted by a young lady at 7:30 a.m., not with good morning but, and I swear to God the first words out of her mouth, "Do you know the difference between a dyke and a lesbian?" Well, I gladly played dumb to see how long she would talk. She went on to let us know that she had just learned about this since there were some of "them" working there. Jesus. Anywho, we get back with bagels and the girls and 2 dudes move into their place, I go visit my aunt and xtina gets ready as we head to the beach again for the day. More drinking, volleyball, football and fun in the sun. When we set up for our volleyball game it seemed we had one extra, a very easily identifiable beach bum whose name was "Jolly", I can't make this stuff up really. Turns out Jolly was pretty bad ass on D on the v-ball court. He certainly pissed my cousin off more than once. We drank some more and Xtina and I headed out a little early to get ready for the rehearsal. So we get all cleaned up and head back down to location for the ceremony on the beach. We run through everything which seemed fairly easy. At this point in time all of our family decided to ask Xtina and I for the next 3 hours, "Are you ok?" or "What's wrong?". That kind of stuff just pisses me off. We were just stressed and wanted to make sure that everything went ok, coordinating the family and keeping them entertained isn't the easiest job. Meanwhile I believe everyone else was getting super wasted as we missed a few of them later that night. So we have the rehearsal dinner at Poppys which was great on the food side. Thankfully I was blessed to have the worst server I have ever had. She got so many things wrong at one point I felt that she would bring me a sugar packet if I asked for a refill. Anyways, no big deal, we say our goodbyes to the fam, go back to the room, get ready, and wait for the slow ass tram. We get to Rum Runners and wow! Toddledeaux has had a drink or two along with a few others. The dueling pianos were in full effect and Teddyball and Gia hang downstairs with their ladies. Joaj34 hang for a while, go dawgs, do some bombs and head upstairs to everyone else. We stay up there for the rest of the night drinking, slapping da' bass, and hanging with the Vaughans (workers). We have the usual good times while upon arrival at Todd's the crew finds the Fire Dept., typical friday night on vaca.






Stay tuned for more, hopefully tomorrow, I didn't realize how long the days were but they were awesome.

1 comment: