Thursday, October 28, 2010

One More: Auburn-Ole Miss

There's been a lot of upset talk this week and I'm not necessarily above it. I went with several in today's Weekly Picks, but there was one game I did not pick at all, and it's one that many pundits are picking for the upset: Auburn-Ole Miss. I know about the "Number One Curse" and all that, but, guys, it's Ole Miss. They're not Missouri or South Carolina. They're Ole Miss. Not only that, but didn't we all know that Oklahoma was a bit overrated? Don't get me wrong, I do not think Auburn is the best team country, either - but I do know that Ole Miss isn't the team to knock them off. Auburn will be up by 4 late in the fourth then Cam Newton will put together a scoring drive that puts the whole thing away: Tigers 31, Rebels 20.

5 comments:

  1. you must be on fall break. nice picks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope - Fall Break's tomorrow. Today's exams.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heck no; haven't been since '04. You got any contrarian picks to make? I'm surprised no one's called me out for the Cocktail Party Blowout call.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your pick isnt that out there. i would love to say we'll blow them out and you're crazy. but it's uga-fl and we almost always don't show up to play.

    and like you said, they're coming off a bye week, and that's never a good thing for us. it might be a little closer than you predicted, IF we dont turn the ball over.

    ReplyDelete