Thursday, October 21, 2010

Weekly Picks

Here are the final, etched in stone (well, cyber-stone anyway) picks for this week. Confidence is waaaay down here, especially after having such a great record last week (9-2...fuck you Ohio State). It feels like my picking process is as laughably held together as a World War I fighter plane...or Les Miles' win streak.

Tonight's fare:

Oregon 47, UCLA 20 - I almost picked the upset here since the college football gods seem to love Thursday night carnage. However, I'm staying with the Ducks to cruise through a Bruin team with no answers at QB. Look for some junk points to make this one look closer than it will actually be.

Saturday:

Michigan State 29, Northwestern 17 - I just couldn't keep the upset pick. Northwestern's resume does not warrant that much caution and Sparty's too balanced on offense and tough on defense to fall in Evanston. Against Iowa? That's a whole different story, my friend.

"You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."

LSU 33, Auburn 31 - It'll either be LSU by a few or Auburn by a bunch, and I hope this isn't the case, but MAD HATTED. Cam Newton is Auburn right now and you get the feeling that without him, they'd be a .500 team. In the end, I'm picking that streak to end before the voodoo in Baton Rouge runs out.

Iowa 27, Wisconsin 24 - This is one of the toughest calls of the season. I'm taking the home team, but it'll be a good one to watch if you like fundamental football.

Clemson 28, Georgia Tech 27 - Keeping it...but I'm not sure why.

Nebraska 31, Oklahoma State 20 - It was nice to know you undefeated Okie State, but Nebraska's better than you and pissed off after the loss to Texas. As long as Pelini stays with Martinez and stops all the Spurrier-esque action, the Huskers ought to be fine.

North Carolina 24, Miami 21 - I am not impressed with Jacory Harris and am greatly impressed with how resilient the Tar Heels' post-infraction remainders have been. Look for a key INT to turn the game late.

Oklahoma 34, Missouri 17 - Missouri will never get it done.

TCU 20, Air Force 13 - I canceled the upset call, but it should still be close for the Horned Frogs.

Washington 30, Arizona 20- The Wildcats are replacing an injured QB and Locker is hitting his stride (finally). It might be foolish considering how much the Huskies struggle on the road, but I'm taking Sark and the gang in an upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment