Thursday, October 14, 2010

Weekly Picks

Cincinnati 30, Louisville 26 - I almost kept the upset, but in the end, I took the BearCats' offense. Charlie's boys keep it close, but not close enough.While we're at it, I'm going to go ahead and throw this out there: Don't be surprised if Cincy actually competes for the Big East title. This is the first league game and could be just the rev-up they need to start the climb towards the Nov. 13 trip to Morgantown.

Michigan State 24, Illinois 20 - I like the Zook-ers to make it a fight. I almost took them all the way, as I can see Sparty being a little too high on themselves going into this match-up. But, I think the home crowd staves off the upset.

Texas 20, Nebraska 19 - Well, the 'Horns are coming off a post-OU bye week, and those two things have made them almost invincible in the past. It's either going to be a close upset or a straight, Martinez-led Husking, and I'd rather be able to say I called the upset than predicted the same drubbing everyone else does. I'm keeping the call.

Missouri 31, Texas A&M 30 - There will be points, but I still think the Tigers win. Vegas has the Aggies by 3.5, but I'm not sure why.

Auburn 33, Arkansas 30 - I increased the points for both teams, but in the end, I'm afraid to pick against Cam Newton.

Iowa 33, Michigan 30 - Keeping it.

Kentucky 31, South Carolina 27 - I'm not sure why, but I'm keeping this call. There will be more fire on the Wildcat sideline and the traveling Gamecocks may be down by 14 before they realize it. If it holds true, this will really start to mix up the SEC.

Ohio State 30, Wisconsin 20 - Pryor keeps it real.

Oklahoma 41, Iowa State 24 - Not even sure why I included this game; Sooners roll.

Florida 27, Mississippi State 17 - I just couldn't go with State in the Swamp.

Hawaii 44, Nevada 37- Only because I want Nevada to go undefeated and I know the fates will not allow it. Also, Hawaii's a dangerous team, especially on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment