Saturday, January 2, 2010

A Chomp Romp - Tebow Says Goodbye

I don't know what's really left to say about the Sugar Bowl that Tim Tebow didn't say on the field (funny recap here). His career - arguably the greatest of all time - is over now, finishing in record-setting fashion. Tebow finished last night with 4 TD's and 533 all-purpose yards, a BCS bowl record. The Gators finish 13-1 after destroying Cincinnati in a game that wasn't anywhere near as close as the final score indicates and you know what? I'm a little sad about it. I couldn't figure out why at first, but reading this piece by Clay Travis helped me out: He was a great player, a great person, and he was fun to watch.

8 comments:

  1. I think of Tebow as someone that you would idolize as a kid. He is a larger than life figure that has actually never let anyone down or gave anyone a reason to doubt him. He is as perfect of a human being as you are going to find. Add on to it that he is so great at something that we all wanted to be good at and you have the answer to the equation. And for me to say that about a Gator, it must be true. I'll sum it up with comparisons to my childhood idols; he is Dale Murphy with more heart, Dominique Wilkins with more of a will to win, Hulk Hogan without the lies. He is all of this and much more. Jesus, that sounded like a love letter. But what is there bad to say about him? He cries when he loses a HUGE game? So what, I would have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hulk Hogan? Blond, China-man hair, skin of a hot dog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me tell you something brother ...

    Tim "The Terror" Tebow is a Hulkamaniac, he says his prayers, eats his vitamins and even looks up to the Hulkster.

    Say what you will about the Hulkster, DUDE, but Tebow is one of the best players we have ever watched in college football.

    AND WHATCHA GONNA DO ... when Tim Tebow comes to a NFL team and RUNS WILD on
    yooooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu?????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guys, these comments were really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those follow ups were pretty fantastic BROTHER

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fight for the rights of every man....that song pumps me up every single time I hear it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tim tebow= eric crouch.
    Unreal college career. Glad its done. Nothing in NFL.

    ReplyDelete