Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Does Brad Lester Even Watch Film?

Auburn RB, Brad Lester, was prognosticating about the Tigers' last two games of the season. They have to take on #10 Georgia and top ranked Alabama to close out their slate. This season ending, double draw was known by Pat Dye as Amen Corner, and boy, does Auburn need a prayer to get both wins this season. That's the general consensus anyway, unless you're Lester, who had this to say:

"I have no doubt in my mind...We should beat both teams by a good amount of points. I feel real good about it."

What is he basing this on? They must have come up with some crazy, effective, unstoppable new shit this week at practice. I'm not saying that because he's predicting wins - I said two weeks ago that they'd beat both these teams. My problem is with the "good amount of points" line. The Tigers haven't combined for a total anywhere near anything that could be called "a good amount of points" all season long.

And, beating Georgia won't be the hard part. With the Bulldog's last few defensive outings, I could see them finding the end zone a few times. It's Bama I'd be worried about. Has Lester seen their team? Fuck, has he seen his team? Oh, well. Crazier shit has happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment