Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tuesday Top-25

Here's my top-25. This was a tough one. Bama is the obligatory #1 and I'm keeping the Nits' at #2. Here's where it gets squirrelly. Florida is playing some kick ass ball right now and I've got them #3. I think they are honestly the best team right now, but they've got to be punished a bit for that Ole Miss loss and one and two have TCB'd so far. Now comes the Big-12. TTech gets the #4 nod with the upset 'Horns right after. Oklahoma falls in after that and OKSt. is still lurking in the top-10 with USC mixed in for fun. I have Utah and Boise St back-to-back and then the two loss quality teams that started high with TCU mixed in. But that's another rough spot for me. I really think UGA, LSU, OSU and even Mizz could beat any of those 3 teams. So, do I rank them ahead of them? I guess I can't, though, because these teams have lost 2 games while the BCS-busters are undefeated, except TCU, whose only loss is to afore-mentioned OU. But, those big 2-loss teams all suffered those 2 losses to teams ranked well above them, so do they really need to be dropped down more? Who knows. Thus is the life a pretend-pollster. The 16-25 spots are a hodge-podge of 2-loss teams from BCS conferences that are almost interchangeable. BYU has not been impressive since before the TCU loss and is steadily slipping lower and lower. By the way, I think I cursed my bottom teams last week. Check this out:

LW's bottom teams: 19. Minn. 20. UVA 21. Org. 22. BC 23. Ball St. 24. Iowa 25. Tulsa

Notice anything? They all lost this week. Let's see if the trend continues:

Here's the Top-25:

1. Bama
2. Penn State
3. Florida
4. Texas Tech
5. Texas
6. Oklahoma
7. USC
8. Oklahoma State
9. Ohio State
10. Utah
11. Boise State
12. Missouri
13. TCU
14. Georgia
15. LSU
16. Michigan State
17. North Carolina
18. West Virginia
19. Georgia Tech
20. Florida State
21. BYU
22. Ball State
23. Northwestern
24. Pitt
25. Minnesota

Who could just as easily be ranked in that 20-25 span?

Cal - I still need more proof
Maryland - MTSU? Really?
Kansas - Is there a real D in the Big-12?
South Carolina - Look who's coming back up...
And, I guess, Tulsa. It really doesn't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment