Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday Night QB - Over-Raided Edition

So the Red Raiders were exposed. Finally. I have been waiting for this. Biding my time. Patiently sitting, watching, and praying. I knew it would happen. But then, Leach's gang gutted the pokes. No problem. There's still Texas. But no, Texas blew it late. It started slipping away. Maybe the Raiders were for real. Maybe I was wrong. Perhaps the Lubbock Leaches would glide into to the title game with all their pyrotechnic passing and loosey-goosey play on D. But, then came the trip to Norman. Could they be for real? Would they upset the Sooners? No. No they wouldn't. Oklahoma destroyed the Raiders and exposed them as the hyped up darlings they'd become. Thank you, Oklahoma. Not only did you expose Texas Tech, but you exposed the fact that defense has been optional in the Big XII all season long. And, what do you get for all your effort? Well, if it was up to me, you'd get a conciliatory trip to the Fiesta bowl while Texas, who beat you head-to-head, packed their bags for Miami. Pending a B12CG victory, of course.

Sometimes the pirates win the day and sink her Majesty's ships and plunder her treasures. But, sometimes, the pirates flail ineffectively into a cannonade broadside and chunks of buccaneer plop harmlessly into the ocean. And the last thing you see is a war-torn jolly roger grinning on his way to Davy Jones' locker. Well, thank you, Sir Bob Stoops, for ending the scourge of No-Beard and his lonesome boys from Lubbock. Our seas are safe once again. Maybe...

Moving on.

Georgia has a problem. They love to play defense ridiculously aggressive (i.e. poorly, with shoddy tackling) and almost always out of position. Oddly enough, that has not worked. So, here comes Tech and it's zany A/single wing/spread/triple option/desert fox offense. This should be a great match up for the Dawg D-line to over pursue while LB's fly everywhere except towards the ball and the corers don't cover and the safeties don't tackle. Let's hope that Tech decides to pull a UNC-game style choke fest. Where is Reggie Ball when you need him?

Oh well. That's all for the night. I'm only writing this to take my mind off the fact my house was burglarized today. Trust me, it sucks. They didn't really get much, as I stumbled upon them apparently mid-burgle, but they got something you can't put a price on: peace of mind. Now I wonder if I can ever leave my house again without losing all my shit. I'm missing work tomorrow and probably not sleeping well tonight and it's all these fuckers fault. Fuck 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment