Tuesday, November 11, 2008

'Pear Bryant' and his Cryin' Irish Eyes

I'm no fan of the little media darlings of South Bend, and I'm glad to see we have turned the tide on over hyping them. I thought for sure they would have been undeservedly ranked after a 4-2 start. But, the US is changing. We have a black President-Elect and the pollsters keep ND dwelling in the darkness of the unranked. God Bless America.

As a Domer Dumper, I love to criticize the Irish athletic department and boosters for the racial contrasts in the treatment of Ty-Ty over Charlie "Pear Bryant" Weis. Weis is not a motivator and molder of young men. He's an offensive mind that knows how to think X's and O's and relate said plays to NFL-caliber men. College is not his game. Look at his record. Then look at the schedules he's played and check that record one more time. It gets even more embarrassing when you consider the level of opponents., huh?

I say all this to introduce this article by Jason Whitlock. It's a great piece on an overrated coach by a fellow, anti-ND biased, football enthusiast. Enjoy. Weiss is a douche.

Honestly, I don't hate Notre Dame. I just get sooooo tired of the hype that is never equaled with execution. They steal BCS spots from teams that are twice as good, only to fall flat on their faces. Still, I am a believer that when ND is good, we all benefit. No one can deny this a sport of tradition, and ND's is unmatched. That seems to carry over to a better season for all of college football. But, I am enjoying this purgatory of mediocrity that those pig-skin Papists are floundering in right now.

Go Navy! And, USC by 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment