Monday, February 9, 2009

Stuff From All Over - The Weekender

1. I played Balderdash Friday night. I've played the game several times before in my life and it's never not been fun. However, all that being said, I've never used the game board, the dice, or had the opportunity to actually yell "Balderdash" at someone. I guess that could be remedied by reading the directions, but where's the fun in that.



2. The LeBron vs. Kobe deabte is getting more intense with each day that passes. So, what do the guys do when they have a head-to-head chance to shine? Crap out. At least Kobe has the flu for an excuse. As far as the debate goes, though, I'm a LeBron guy.



3. The ProBowl was last night. Did anyone even really care? I wasn't even sure if it was this weekend or not until about 2:00 yesterday. I watched some of it late and was not surprised by Larry Fitzgerald's MVP nod. He's amazing. I hate to jump on with everybody else, but he's really good and seems to shine at just the right time.



4. I hope there's not an international swimming competition in the next three months.



5. Big Love may very well be the best show on television right now. The writing and acting complement each other almost perfectly and there's not a miscast or down spot anywhere.



5a. Flight of the Conchords will be performing at the fab Fox in ATL soon.



6. I spent Saturday night in Atlanta for Liley's B-day. There was beer and poker to be had and old friends to see. We had a good time and someone walked away with hundreds of dollars in winnings. As they played (I sat out), Daytona qualifying was playing on the TV, and for just a split second - a minuscule moment in time - I was excited about NASCAR.

That's what the end of football season does to people.

7. The Online Dynasty BCS is in a shambles. The Big East might get 2 BCS spots, including USF in the title game.

- over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment