Sunday, February 1, 2009

Just a Few Thoughts Around Our Future Football Brothers

I was asked by my little brother, who happens to be much bigger than me, to throw out some of my thoughts around "OUR FUTURE FOOTBALL BROTHERS!" I would first like to begin by saying that I believe our class this year will include more talent then in years past. I feel that the mixture of high quality premier position players along with the guys, who get no publicity on the lines, will make for an extremely great group. I will start my analysis by reviewing some of the commitments already on board and how they will impact our team and will finish the critiquing by discussing and projecting where some of the players uncommitted will sign.
Brandon Smith - A hybrid Cornerback/Wide Receiver - Tremendous hands and great recovery speed - comes to Athens like a Champ Bailey style player - I believe he is going to be a good to great corner back, but will not see as much of an impact on the offensive side of the ball as Champ did in his years
Aaron Murray - Quarterback - To this individual has almost as much upside as Matthew Stafford did coming into Athens - I project that he will red shirt this year, but the following year will be the Dawgs starting quarterback for three years - I see Aaron Murray the same way I view Colt McCoy
Chris Burnette - Offensive Gaurd - He looks like an absolute beast, but what seperates him from other lineman being recruited this year is his footwork - He has a high ceiling if he comes into Athens and displays the same work ethic he has displayed in High School - If he avoids injury, he will be a second or third round draft pick in the 2013 NFL Draft
Arthur Lynch - Tight End - He is the individual in this class that I believe most experts are underrating - I believe that he is going to red shirt this year while adding about 15 pounds of muscle - Starting in 2010 we will see a Tight End that will not only catch everything thrown his way, but will show the blocking tenacity of his offensive lineman brothers.

So who is still left on the Board? (Big Four)
Greg Reid - Cornerback - made a huge move up the radar of most teams after stellar all star game performances - probably the most instinctive cornerback on film that I have seen this year - has the ability to move from an infavorable position to a favorable in just a move of his hips - I project that he will be one of two shut down corners in this years recruiting class - I am praying that he will sign with the Dawgs, but believe that he will sign with Florida State
Bobby Massie - Offensive Tackle - the biggest man I have seen on film - a future first or second round draft pick - probably the perfect frame for an offensive tackle - Again I pray that we will sign him, but I believe it is a forgone conclusion that he signs with Alabama and takes the place of soon to be second pick, Andre Smith.
Marlon Brown - Wide Reciever - One of the top passcatchers in this years class - utilizes his huger 6'5" 205 pound frame to his advatage - looked great in the practices of the Under Armour Game - believe he would be a great compliment in the slot next year and opposite A.J. Green in teh future - I believe this is one of our catches on Wednesday as he will sign and become one of OUR FOOTBALL BROTHERS
Orson Charles - Hybrid Tight End/Wide Receiver - being recruited as a tight end by the Dawgs - would be a great compliment to Authur Lynch - would solidify the position for the next three to four years - he has the uncanny ability to go up for the ball for a Tight End - I believe this is also the other catch on Wednesday

Hopefully this keeps everyone in the loop.....

1 comment:

  1. What about Barkevious Mingo? I know he's not a 5-star prospect, but his name's too sweet not to mention...

    Barkevious Mingo. Tuff.

    ReplyDelete