Saturday, January 31, 2009

From around here


It's been a while since I've seen this picture. It also feels like ages to me since UGA has had this kind of heart (DJ's team withstanding as he was part of this squad too). This is why I am not all that sad to see Stafford go. Knowshon played hard and I could tell every down that he got the ball that it really meant something to him. I think that coming to play at a school that you have no connections to and grew up thousands of miles away from just doesn't work sometimes, for anyone involved. Don't get me wrong, I understand recruiting and all of the different reasons why kids pick certain schools. But at this point, the phrase "Close down the borders" is something I am becoming more and more interested in. Every kid in Georgia and around the southeast for the most part understands what it means to be a "Bulldog" and why it is so important, not only to the coaches or the school but to the Dawg nation in general. I understand how much FSU and UF hate each other and the bad blood between LSU and Bama is easy to see for me. That is why I want the next batch of Dawgs to have leadership and be taught by the guys already on the team that for them, there is nothing more important than having the honor of playing Between the Hedges and representing UGA every Saturday in the fall.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, brother. That's one reason I like locking down former Dawgs into position/assistant jobs like we've done recently.

    ReplyDelete