The Big Three:
One Loss, but still top-tier:
4. VA Tech - I believe in 'Bama, which means I have to believe in the Hokies.
5. Oklahoma - Bradford's coming back soon. I think the Sooners beat Miami and roll up the rest of the South, except Texas, of course.
6. USC - I've been impressed with Ohio State the last 2 weeks, but USC beat them so I need to keep the Trojans above the bucks...for now.
7. Ohio State - see above.
Now it gets funky:
8. Nebraska - By the 'Bama proxy, I have to support a team that's 1 point away from perfect.
The Wild Cards:
9. Houston - The Cougars could, it appears, be at least third in the Big-XII South Division.
10. TCU - 2 BCS wins and a stout defense. I like it.
11. Boise St. - Need more impressive wins, unless Oregon keeps dropping team like they did Cal.
12. Cincy - Of these 4 teams threatening the top-tier, the 'Cats are who I like the least right now.
Undefeated but Iffy:
13. Iowa - How long till the Ferentz factor kicks in?
14. LSU - Still look a little shaky to me.
15. Kansas - 4-0, but no real tests.
16. Auburn - Same as Kansas.
17. Miami - Give them a season or two and we'll be talking about them in the top-5. I do not see them beating Oklahoma this year, though.
18. Oklahoma St. - OK, are the pokes disappointing or is Houston for real?
19. Missouri - This Tiger team has been very surprising.
20. South Florida - This is purely based on beating FSU with a backup QB. This is VERY likely to change.
21. Oregon - a big win over Cal looks great and that loss to Boise might not be so bad at season's end.
22. Georgia - Minus 9 in turnovers, but still 3-1. If they don't clean it up, they'll be hard pressed to finish in the top-25.
23. Penn St. - This could be too low for one loss, but they looked flat terrible last week.
24. South Carolina - Great D and a big win over Ole Miss.
25. Cal - It will be Jahvid Best vs. Jeff Tedford to see what kind of team Cal is the rest of the year.
At the Gates: