Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tuesday Top-25

Completely stolen from EDSBS.
OK. This week it's LSU. I have a feeling it's gonna be a Tiger/Tide seesaw until November 5th. I know a lot of folks want to lump OU in there, but Texas sure did help the Sooners out on Saturday. I'm not trying to take anything from them, they're just a perfect number 3 to me right now. Call it homerism if you want. After that, I like Wisconsin and Stanford's finally convincing me they're top-5 good. Boise's on their downward skid down the polls due to the level of competition we see them play; it's getting herder and harder to remeber how good they looked opening night. I reluctantly elevate OK St, but await their two almost certain upcoming losses. Ditto for Shoelace and Co. who will run up against a talented Sparty D Saturday. Arkansas can keep their seat just outside the top-10 and I'm hesitant to just dump A&M considering who they lost to. The other surprise undefeateds are scattered among the one-loss teams by order of where I think they'd finish head-to-head. Except South Carolina. They're just 15 because that team screams fifteenth right now. Yes, I have allowed Washington into the poll. And 24. and 25. are two hard-to-predict, pretty close to mediocre SEC teams who will go head-to-head for the right to stay ranked next week. Say what you want about Florida, but this is the most brutal 3-week slate in the nation. Oh, and speaking of mediocre SEC teams who probably shouldn't be ranked, Georgia.
  1. LSU
  2. ALABAMA
  3. OKLAHOMA
  4. WISCONSIN
  5. STANFORD
  6. CLEMSON
  7. BOISE STATE
  8. OREGON
  9. OKLAHOMA STATE
  10. MICHIGAN
  11. ARKANSAS
  12. WEST VIRGINIA
  13. ILLINOIS
  14. NEBRASKA
  15. SOUTH CAROLINA
  16. KANSAS STATE
  17. TEXAS A&M
  18. ARIZONA STATE
  19. BAYLOR
  20. HOUSTON
  21. MICHIGAN STATE
  22. GEORGIA
  23. WASHINGTON
  24. AUBURN
  25. FLORIDA

No comments:

Post a Comment