Saturday, August 16, 2008

It's just (Phelps) against the world...

Honestly, I don't usually care about the Olympics. They're just this thing that's on TV, taking up time and space during the summer when I should be able to watch syndicated sit-com re-runs. And, most people don't honestly care as much about them as they say they do. Everybody has a few sports they want to watch, because they like those sports, but those guys that watch the entire Olympics, like they really care, and then talk about them later (especially when they're guys who never themselves played any sports) are probably just posers. Global sports posers; like the hipsters of international athletics. However, all that anti-Olympiad feeling aside, Michael Phelps is AWESOME!Is there any reason he should be that good? It's ridiculous. He makes the Olympics interesting while at the same time making every other swimmer on the planet look like a complete douche. I don't know who he's raping worse, the competition or the record book. God Bless America.

Side-note: Michael Phelps' middle name is...I swear to God...'Fred.' That's horribly unfortunate. If you don't know who Fred Phelps is, good for you. He's probably one of the worst human beings in America.

Side-side-note: Michael Phelps' father's name is also Fred. That's not who I'm talking about. I'm talking about the angry, rasict, homo-phobic, anti-American, Westboro B.C. guy. Sorry for any confusion.

Conclusion: Michael Phelps is awesome. But, I still don't forgive the Olympics for ruining my summer every four years when I was a kid. I mean, honestly, you were preempting Charles-in-Charge re-runs for Christ's sake. Who does that?

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm not sure I cared alot about the Olynpics, other than Phelps. But it is fun to watch some of the more obscure sports. I enjoyed watching a little handball and field hockey. And the rules for both of these sports seemed a little hard to follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That, and the 70 KM walk event thing. It, too, has some pretty strange rules. You could actually get a yellow card and get kicked out (!) if you did not have at least one foot on the ground at all times. Basically, if you verged on running, you were given the nix. It's pretty intense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 70 km? That's like 43 miles. That has to be the most boring shit to watch ever.

    ReplyDelete