Wednesday, August 20, 2008

New Top 25 for 2008

It’s time for my new, revised, and finalized (at least until I want to change it) College Football rankings. Big changes all over from last time. With suspensions and injuries plaguing my last two front-runners, I had to look and see who would fill the gap. It’s not a popular choice among most people I know, but this is my top-25, and I can rank whomever I want. Anyone else can feel free to make their own rankings and spark a real conversation, or just shut the fuck up. I’m taking into consideration schedules, when/where big games are played, trend and intangibles as well as the basics of talent and coaching. All that considered, this is close to where I think these teams will end up in the major polls before the January bowls. I’ve got some crazy looking shit in here, I know. But, I’m a genius, so trust me. And, yes, Ohio State is my new number one (uggh). I actually think it’s their year. I hope it’s not, and I hope Georgia wins it all, but I’ve got to be a realist. USC is out a slew of players early on, clearing the way for the Buckeyes to win that one, and they won’t be challenged again until late. USC should recover and win out and I see Florida making it out of the SEC slaughterhouse with one loss. Oklahoma will two losses, probably one to Texas, who will drop a couple here or there on their way to the top-10. My big surprise: Utah. The Utes could beat Michigan, and be riding high going into BYU. A win there will vault them up the polls while forcing BYU down the list. South Florida will end up with one loss and beat West Virginia – again. Alabama will be better than expected, Wake Forest will win the ACC, and Oregon might just be one loss shy of winning the PAC-10. Or, this could all be crap. Here’s the list. Enjoy.

joaj34’s 2008 Preseason Top-25:

1. Ohio State
2. Florida
3. USC
4. Georgia
5. Oklahoma
6. Utah
7. Texas
8. LSU
9. Auburn
10. South Florida
11. Missouri
12. Oregon
13. Wisconsin
14. Tennessee
15. Clemson
16. West Virginia
17. Wake Forest
18. Alabama
19. BYU
20. Arizona State
21. Michigan
22. Virginia Tech
23. Illinois
24. Pitt
25. Texas Tech

Others to look out for:
Kansas
South Carolina
Ole Miss
Boston College
Florida State

3 comments:

  1. I'm still wavering on the USC/OSU game. Sanchez will probably be back, as will Joe McKnight.

    But I don't know if they'll be 'ready' for the OSU game, after UVA.

    Problem is, from what I've heard, OSU is the deepest team period. Scary.

    I really don't want to see them in a third consecutive Championship game, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My thing with Mcknight is: he might be back, but from what it looks like, he'll just get hurt again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good point. I'm just not ready to relinquish USC to the walking wounded bracket yet. I still think Pete I-bet-he-smells-nice Carroll might have a few tricks up his sleeve.

    Do you think he could be playing any of this up to the media to lull OSU into a false sense of security? Could happen. That's all I'm saying...

    ReplyDelete