Monday, June 1, 2009

Something just looks terrible about this.





There were some really cool and fun things that could have been done with this franchise on the big screen. Just ask The Moviegoer, he has a great three-film-treatment that blows this away. I mean, one of the most important and dramatic story lines in all of Joe-dom is the Storm Shadow/Snake-Eyes relationship, back story and everything that unfolded from it throughout the franchise. If you really wanted to make a real, earnest run at a GI Joe film, they should have looked no further than the Marvel comic that launched with the 3-inch, Real American Hero toy line in the 80's...especially issue 21.


the famous silent issue

Now, I hope I'm wrong and this is actually a good movie - I just doubt that'll happen. It looks like a festival of incorrect origins, crappy battle suits, and generic action movie tropes. I will say, though, the effects look cool and whatever that rust/rot shit is bringing down the Eiffel Tower is cool(But I'd still like to see the Broadcast Energy Transmitter).

Ah, well - I just hope they don't mix up Blow Torch and Snow Job.

2 comments:

  1. SnowTorch?

    Something about that clip just doesn't look right. Those suits, blech.

    Sienna Miller sure does look nice with a raven-colored 'do, though, I must admit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of dug it outside of the "accelerator suits." Though that biz-sion totally looked like a perfect Tomax and Xamot cover.

    ReplyDelete