Friday, December 5, 2008

In Middle America


In the MAC Title game tonight, the Ball State Cardinals were clipped, 42-24, fumbling away their perfect season. Charge on, Bulls. I wanted to tear-up with Coach Turner Gill after the game as he attempted to give an emotional post game interview. I love seeing these historically terrible programs having great seasons. It's the reason I love college football so much - the passion and emotion of the game. We get away from that too much these days.

Congrats to Buffalo for winning the MAC title and earning the first bowl game in school history. It was fun seeing the team celebrate and dump Gatorade on all the coaches (I think they went 3 for 3). Turner Gill, I wouldn't unpack after the trip to Toronto if I were you - you'll probably be moving soon.

I do feel bad for Nate Davis, though. He had a personal worst night, including 5 turnovers. Everyone has a bad game, though. NFL scouts still love him and his future's secure. Even with the loss, it's been an amazing season.

By the way, up and coming ESPN sideline rovers, when someone says "I'm speechless", why would you follow that up with: "Why are you speechless?" Doesn't the word speechless indicate a lack of speech, which would be needed to answer your follow up questions? Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment