Saturday, December 27, 2008

A New Addition

A while back, Peter Schrager created his list of best offensive players in the BCS era, which prompted me to do the same. You can check it all out here.

Watching the end of the Meineke Car Care (ugh) Bowl got me thinking today that I need to make a new addition to my list: Pat White. He's an amazing athlete, a team player, and went an amazing 4-0 in bowls as a starting QB. Now that he's done at WVU, he's eligible for inclusion and I think I would put him in Ron Dayne's spot and probably just remove Dayne completely. No disrespect, but it's the 10 best. White has been a great leader since his freshman year and went a long way towards restoring the Big East's place in the BCS (even though the memory of that 05 Sugar Bowl still enrages me - who didn't see that fake coming?).

Where does Pat White fall short? He's not the best interview in CFB. What he said was great, but you can definitely hear the Alabama in him when he speaks. He gives me that SEC cringe when I hear him talk. Jasper Sanks anyone....

No comments:

Post a Comment