Tuesday, January 20, 2009

It's not surprising - but it is disappointing:


Well, it looks like In the Electric Mist (based on the James Lee Burke novel) will be a straight-to-DVD release. I love this series of books and it's main character, Dave Robicheaux. There has been one previous film adaptation of a DR novel, Heaven's Prisoners, with Alec Baldwin. It's borderline decent, mainly treading water in watchable. While I'm glad to finally know how close I am to actually seeing the new film, I'm worried it will be less than good and reminiscent of Prisoners as it couldn't even garner enough support for any release. I read it on the boards here:




and saw the imdb release date here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0910905/releaseinfo


There will be a big screen premiere in New Iberia, LA - Burke's/Robicheaux's hometown. Why is it so hard to make a decent movie about the characters I love?


*************************************************************


I've watched some of the clips on Youtube. This straight-to-DVD thing gets much clearer when you see them. It may as well come packaged in a VHS case with an embossed silver title on it. But, I will watch it...and probably like it. Godammit.




1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid it might be my fault that you decided to go in search of that movie, what with my newfound diligence for reading JLB. I'm sorry, bro.

    ReplyDelete