Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Title Talk

So we have three national champion contenders now: Texas, Utah, and USC. Throw in the winner of OU-Florida and it makes 4. Each has a legitimate claim to the top spot, perhaps Utah less, though I don't know why, really (outside of the idea that they don't play in a conference your granddad would recognize, so they can't be good). Utah beat Oregon State who beat USC who beat Penn State who beat Oregon State and Ohio State who hung in all the way with Texas who BEAT OKLAHOMA. Utah also beat Alabama, who hung in with Florida who lost to Ole miss who beat Texas Tech who beat Texas, who beat Okla...well, you get it.

Right now, I've got Florida number 1. If they win, it's easy for me: they retain the top spot and I'd give them the title. If Oklahoma wins, it gets murkier, but I'd probably at that point give the title to Texas. But, Texas' win was so close I could argue for the Utes or USC. Thank god we have this BCS to sort everything out for us.

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking of jumping on the Utah bandwagon. I think going undefeated in major college football and beating a team from a major conference in a major bowl has to count for something.

    ReplyDelete