Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This should be made into a great sports film

This article:

http://www.thefanatics.com/content.php?id=330

...is great - I think. There's a lot of cricket-gibberish that makes no sense (Oh, you less important Euro sports). Honestly, cricket achievements read like a Dr. Suess book. For the movie, just change it from cricket to baseball and cast a Mr. Baseball-era Tom Selleck. That'd be sweet. Or, maybe don't change it to baseball at all, but have Selleck as some fish-out-of-water who doesn't understand cricket, but endears himself to fans and colleagues with the strength of his liver.

I might not know what it means to average 71, knock 100, bag 5-66, or glove 17. But, I do know what it means to drink 52. I've had some marathon sessions in my time, but never pressurized at 30,000 feet. Cheers, mates - maybe I should follow this weird-ass sport, after-all...

No comments:

Post a Comment