Monday, October 6, 2008

Monday Night QB

The Big 12 is a VERY good conference. Are they better than the SEC? I'd call it a draw right now, even though the Big 12 edges out the SEC 3-2 in the top-5. Things will shake out after the Red River Rivalry on Saturday. I hope a good SEC team makes it to the Cotton Bowl this year so we can have an exciting match up, not a blowout (see Mizzou 38, Ark 7). And, I hope it's two exciting offenses, not plodding run games and strong D's (see Auburn 17, Nebraska 14). I want Missouri 49, Florida 47.

Why is the Big-12 so good? Quarterbacks. There are some nasty gunslingers in that conference. 8 Big-12 QB's have better numbers than Heisman defender Tim Tebow. 8! Colt McCoy and Sam Bradford will meet in the RRR. Should be exciting.

Speaking of Big-12 QB's, why are people so adamant to have the Heisman and the NFL draft connected? Chase Daniel could win the Heisman; and he'd deserve it. But that's it. He's like 5'8" and 295 pounds. Short and chubby do not an NFL'er make. And thas's OK. He is earning a degree, he could coach, he'll be fine. There's no rule that says gutsy play has to earn you a pro spot. Let it go CD fans. By the way, who knew he and Warren Buffet were boyz?

Auburn? I don't know. Fuck the system, use a FB in the I and run the ball. With that D, you could win out in dazzling 10-7, 3-2, and 7-3 fashion. Or, maybe Vandy's that good. But, I doubt it. Are the 'Dores tough? Yes. Will they win the East? No, but they should make it exciting!

What about Kentucky? They're not pushovers, but I think 'Bama was coming down from the blowout over UGA.

Yay! - USC played well again. But Stanford still lurks on the schedule...

Are we ready for BYU-Utah? Our brains cannot handle the top-10, BCS ramifications of that MWC - yes, Mountain West - showdown. Use TCU-BYU as a warm-up. You'll get used to it, I promise. If that's not enough, you know who else is still knocking on the door? Boise State! You better win out, Oklahoma, or one of these guys is beating you in the Fiesta Bowl.

Do you want to look long range? OK, I will. Let's do the Big-12.

Oklahoma beats Texas, Texas beats Missouri, Oklahoma loses to OK St., but beats Missouri who has lost to Kansas or someone like that. What does it all mean? Oklahoma gets the bump for the BCS game, Texas plays the Fiesta, and Missouri rolls in the Cotton again.

And, I'm finally recognizing Texas Tech. They could win 10 games this year.

No, Notre Dame is not 'back.' Or, important. It was Stanford - grow up. Lou Holtz needs to let it go.

Mark May however, might be due for some redemption. Look who's ruling the Big East: PITT! McCoy and Co. knocked off the Bulls last week. But, it's the BE and they'll lose to someone. It's almost guaranteed.

Check out Ball State. I called that shit way back in August. Looks like I also called Pitt's season opening loss, too. God, I'm a genius. That must be why I'm averaging 10th place in my Pick 'em league.

BTW - There's Tuesday Night Football again this week!

1 comment: