Thursday, October 23, 2008

A non-football WTF?


JINX recently posted this photo on his blog. It got my attention.

Not to steal his blogging thunder, I went out to learn more about this. Apparently, crocodiles tangle fairly regularly with land mammals near waterholes - usually emerging victorious. However, this one leopard had had enough of that shit, and put a plan together.

This is what I found on lifeinthefastlae.ca:

"The speeding leopard sprinted out from cover of scrub and bush, charging after a crocodile swimming in the waterhole, seizing it by surprise.

Onlookers watched in disbelief as the fierce and bloody battle unfolded. To their amazement, the massive cat emerged from the bank, dragging the crocodile in its mouth from the water as the creature fought back furiously — tumbling, thrashing, and wrathfully snapping its powerful jaws feverishly the entire way."

It continues:

"But as the two predators continued to fight, the leopard gained the upper hand as it took control with its prey caught by the throat.

Despite the croc’s massive weight and strength, the leopard eventually managed to sit on top of the reptile and suffocate it.

There have been reports of crocodiles killing leopards in the past, but never has the reverse scenario been witnessed."

After the deadly fight, the leopard dragged the crocodile away. What? Did he eat it? Were there no deer or antelopes around? Or, did this one leopard wake up and say: "Fuck it! I'm sick of these crocs. They can push us this far, and no further. I have resolved today, to kill a crocodile, not just for me, but all leopard-kind! We didn't land on the Serengeti, the Serengeti landed on us. By any means necessary!"

I have a cat. This news terrifies me. I will never again know the joy of a peaceful sleep after seeing this:





Damn Nature, you scary!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the luv on the Leopard thing. I thought it was worth seeing on ye olde bloge.

    As far as AGTG goes, I don't know that I'll be going to Mike's. LP's at home right now and I don't have a car.

    Maybe later in the day, but I'm not sure. I'll just have to see how it plays out.

    I will probably be going out tonight, if you don't have a home game and want to join in.

    ReplyDelete