Thursday, October 16, 2008

Vindication tastes bitter......

but I like it because it is bitter, and because it is my heart.

Hello everyone, KTL here. Bringing you a guest post about the Thursday night “game” between the TCU Frogs and the BYU Mormons.

If any of you believed JoaJ and thought it was even going to be close between these two teams, you watch too much Sportcenter. Just look at the numbers and you to could be as smart as me.

BYU has played NO ONE. Washington was their strongest opponent and they squeaked it out on a celebration penalty (a well deserved flag, if you ask me). The combined record of all the teams they’ve played is 12-25. How can you get a gauge on them with those weak-ass teams? AND they’ve been steadily scoring less and less points every week. Meaning, teams have been slowly figuring out BYU’s offense, which consists of beating up on ridiculously porous secondaries. So by the time the Frogs got them, there weren’t any surprises.

TCU has one of the stoutest defenses in the NCAA. They have a strong running game, which kept the offense on the sidelines, and the D-line was in Max Hall’s face all night. Max hasn’t seen a rush like this all season. He was quoting Ivory Christian by the half, “They fast, they big, they dirty... they fast, Coach.”

Honestly, the hype around this game was too similar to the UGA – Hawaii Sugar Bowl. The Warriors came in with a high flying super powered spread offense that was “unstoppable”. Undefeated! Champs of the WAC! Who the hell cares?! Hawaii also hadn’t played anyone cause their conference sucks too. So the Bulldawgs came in with defense that would end up obliterating Colt Brennan, who didn’t even throw a touchdown. (I will also say that I called the Oklahoma State upset over Mizzou ,again it’s the same situation)

So can we please stop rating all these non-BCS teams into the top ten? Top twenty? They don’t play quality opponents. They don’t deserve it. Until they do, and BEAT a real team, THEN they can be in the top 25.

Don’t believe the hype. Don’t believe JoaJ. He just regurgitates Sportcenter, but he’s not as funny…and he doesn’t have any videos.

In closing, I love the smell of burnt Cougar in the morning, it smells like…..victory.

ps- I originally said TCU by 20, then backtracked to 14 points. Should have gone with my gut since they pulled out a 25 point victory. Dammit, I'm smart. S-M-R-T, smart.

7 comments:

  1. Are you saying TCU = UGA?

    And, I often disagree with S.Center and CFBLive. They all picked TCU this afternoon, like you did.

    Still, thank you for coming on the show!

    I'll get you next week...

    ReplyDelete
  2. [Completely irrelevant comment because he didn't watch the game].

    And on a different note, [Asian joke].

    Good post, either way. I'm liking this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, I'm not giving you a thousand bucks to give KlydeLanta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new blog name. Very fitting. The Sideliner. Has a nice ring to it.

    Since you owe him money, is Klyde going to have the Yakuza track you down?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We never actually bet -Thank god!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know. I just didn't think of the Yakuza joke until way later, and I had to use it. May be the only time I get that opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the way, KTL - it's SportsCenter, not Sportcenter.

    ReplyDelete