Monday, August 8, 2011

In Fairness: Georgia Fan Picks Georgia.

In all fairness to the last post, I'll acknowledge my pick from earlier this summer. I guess I can't honestly rag on the Bronco-phile's post too much; I mean, I wondered how he could pick a 14-point win, especially with the low line, but I'm no better:
"3. Boise State-Georgia (Atlanta) - Same song, different verse: if Boise wins, blah, blah, blah, BCS title game. I'm not trying to take anything away from the individuals that make up the BSU program, but this has been their narrative for so long, they don't know anything else. Meanwhile, Georgia has NO expectations and Richt's seat is getting quite warm. If the Dawgs play with nothing to lose, and they should, there could be some re-writes on deck for the Broncos' storyline. Georgia 34, Boise State 24"
 Homerism, for the win! Honestly, there are a couple things that make me feel good about the match-up. One is this: Georgia's defensive line weighs-in at 309, 350, 306. There's NO ONE on Boise's starting O-line that big. When your D-line has that kind of size advantage, good things can happen. Of course, this all depends on everyone playing head-up ball in the right position...let's not go there. Also, Boise's 0-4 against the SEC:

•  2000 vs. Arkansas: L, 38-31
•  2001 vs. South Carolina: L, 32-13
•  2002 vs. Arkansas: L, 41-14
•  2005 vs. Georgia: L, 48-13

I know that doesn't necessarily mean anything now, as Boise's much improved in recruiting and development, but it's a nice number to have around. All jokes aside, this Boise squad is legit. Kellen Moore is a great QB with a talented offense around him. It will take a strong defensive performance to disrupt his rhythm and hopefully force the Broncos to change up their game plan. If Grantham and his charges can't get it together this summer, it could be a long night in the Dome. So, yeah, maybe my 10-point win was a high-hopes fantasy. But, to my credit, I was there live to see this:

No comments:

Post a Comment