Sunday, November 15, 2009

Top-25

I was tempted to just put TCU at no. 1, but kept the big-3 holding strong.

I thought about Temple, but they need to win out to recover from that opening loss. I also thought about Navy, but they lost to Temple and, well, see the previous sentence.

I wanted Ole Miss for their blowout win and West Virgina for the close loss to Cincy, but Auburn beat both those teams and I just can't rank AU right now.

I did move Rutgers and Oregon State in to the rankings, but didn't have the heart to drop Houston or USC completely...yet.

Utah's out, but only to make room for the newbies, and if Nebraska wins next week, they'll be knocking on the door again.

Biggest winner: Stanford; Biggest Loser: Miami.
  1. Alabama
  2. Texas
  3. Florida
  4. TCU
  5. Cincinnati
  6. Boise State
  7. Georgia Tech
  8. LSU
  9. Pitt
  10. Ohio State
  11. Stanford
  12. Oregon
  13. Iowa
  14. Wisconsin
  15. Oklahoma State
  16. Clemson
  17. Oregon State
  18. Miami
  19. Rutgers
  20. Virginia Tech
  21. Penn State
  22. Arizona
  23. BYU
  24. Houston
  25. USC
I also originally included UNC, but I'll hold off till I see if they can beat BC. Watching the Georgia-Auburn game, I figured that I'd rank the winner in the 25-spot, but I could not, in good conscience, include Georgia. Had the Tigers won, I would have included them. So, between that and their wins over Ole Miss and West Virginia, it turns out that Auburn is the linchpin to the 26-30 slots .

No comments:

Post a Comment