Thursday, November 4, 2010

Weekly Picks

Georgia Tech 27, Virginia Tech 24 - I'm not sure why, but I feel like a Jackets win here adds to the chaos and confusion of the ACC; like the Coastal version of the NC State upset last week. In reality, the talent leans heavily towards the Hokies, but I'm keeping the upset call...not sure why.

Clemson 28, NC State 27 - Keeping it. I know State's got 6 wins already and just knocked off FSU, but I think that's there undoing. Clemson has had an up-and-down season so far, and I think this weekend is an "up" before a crashing "down" in Tallahassee next week.


Oklahoma State 37, Baylor 30 - Here we go: I'm picking against Baylor again...even though I said I wouldn't. Can the Bears - or, more relaistically, Robert Griffin - keep this up? I know the Pokes aren't a top-level talent, but a win here makes a win against A&M seem likely and that means a nine win Baylor squad hosting OU at season's end.


TCU 30, Utah 20 - Oddly enough, Baylor is a good measuring stick here. Kansas State and Texas couldn't beat the Bears, but TCU did, woodshed-style. Utah had a nice, neat opening week win over Pitt, but that's their biggest win right now. There's a lot of talent on both teams, but I seems like significantly more in Ft.Worth. The game's at Utah, so look for the Utes to be pumped up enough to put up points on that stingy, stingy Frog D, but in the end, they won't stop Dalton.


Boise State 44, Hawaii 27 - Could be an upset, but I doubt it. My main thing is, if it's close, shouldn't Hawaii climb in the polls? I know it'll be a loss, but if everyone's got Boise in the top-3 and the Warriors are competitive, why shouldn't they be a top-25 team?


FSU 31, UNC 17 - I changed my initial call. The Seminoles are going to be ready to win after the disappointment with NC State. UNC will play tough early, but look for FSU to pull away in the second half.


Oklahoma 34, Texas A&M 17 - The Sooners want desperately to outplay that loss to Missouri.


South Carolina 30, Arkansas27 - Why not?


Alabama 31, LSU 16 - Alabama now begins their descent into Atlanta.


Stanford 33, Arizona 24 - This is a HUGE game. Now I know most of the SEC-centric homers and yokels won't care, but the outcome of this game could have a huge impact on the PAC-10 and the post-season.The winner could be an at-large BCS team, and if Arizona wins out, they'll win the league. Realistically, the 'Cats won't be able to hang with the Cardinal, especially as banged up as they are.

2 comments: