Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Moviegoer's All-Decade Team

OFFENSE

QB: Tim Tebow (UF)

RB: Reggie Bush (USC) and Darren McFadden (Ark)

OL: Marcus McNeil (AU), Jake Long (Mich), Robert Gallery (Iowa), and Sam Baker (USC)

C: Brett Romberg (Miami)—because I had to choose somebody

TE: Kellen Winslow (Miami)

WR: Calvin Johnson (GT) and Larry Fitzgerald (Pitt)--one of the tougher positions

ATH: Ronnie Brown (AU), C.J. Spiller (Clemson)

K: Billy Bennett (UGA)

DEFENSE (was a lot harder to select than offense. So much talent from which to choose...)

DL: Terrell Suggs (Arizona), David Pollack (UGA), Glenn Dorsey (LSU), and Ndomakung Suh (Nebraska)

LB – E.J. Henderson (Maryland), A.J. Hawk (OSU), James Laurinaitis (OSU)

DB: Fred Smoot (Miss St), Deangelo Hall (VA Tech), Ed Reed (Miami), and Eric Berry (Tenn)

P: The Colquitts (Tenn)

RET: Javier Arenas (Bama)

Coach: Pete Carroll

7 comments:

  1. Also, as of right now, the closest to a unanimous pick we've got is Pollack.

    Plus, I was surprised to see no Carlos Rogers on your ballot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The DBs tortured me. Rogers was one of a number I tried out before deciding on a final four. It also felt too homery, as did picking Cadillac. Or Duval, but Aroo took care of that for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I wouldn't even know where to begin to pick this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.docstoc.com/docs/4844195/Awards-compiled-NCAA-2008-Record-Book-Division-1-Football is a good place to start, especially when it comes to picking your linemen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least you didn't pick Jason Campbell...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I took the easy way out and went to the NFL draft boards, which left out a lot of good college players but was a good guide to help me bring back some memories of players.

    I will be the first to admit I totally missed some guys :

    Carlos Rogers being one, D. Hall, The Colquitts, etc.

    ReplyDelete